Medved Trader Forums

IB account symbol limit exceeded

wilywilly

In QT, using IB datafeed, I had 7 portfolios, each with a page full of symbols. Since QT displayed only 1 portfolio at a time, this was not a problem with exceeding IB's quote limit of 100 symbols for my account. When I create the same set of portfolios in MT, I quickly exceeded the limit and got a pop-up nastygram from TWS to that effect.

Is there is a way in MT to request quote data for only a subset of created portfolios?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but I searched as many forums as I could, found no discussion of it.

Willy,  MT is only supposed to subscribe to the open portfolios, plus any open charts. If you have Positions open, or Transactions view with open transactions, those would be subscribed as well. If you are getting a situation where the # of symbols subscribed does not seem to be right, please email me the settings + Log as well as a description of what is going on, and a screen shot if you can get it:

go to FILE / Export Settings. 

Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.

I created the portfolios using the "Open a Portfolio" tab on the Dashboard, then populated each with symbols. How do I "close" a portfolio so it is not requesting quote data, without deleting it? I tried minimizing them, but that did not seem to change anything.

Edit - never mind! I see now that if I close the portfolio with the re X in the upper right hand corner it is closed but not deleted. Sorry to bother you!