Medved Trader Forums

Misc. Dumb Questions

Marshall_Stack

RDS - that depends ont he datafeed. for TD Ameritrade, it would be RDS.A

For others, may be different. Which one are you using?

Total Row - or any sub-total row-  if you see a plus sign on it, then that means it is currently collapsed and hitting the + will expand it. When expanded, it will show a minus. 

Total Row - on bottom - SETTINGS / APPLICATION / Appearance - there is a checkbox for "Totals On Top". Uncheck it.

Total row - moves when sorted - does that mean it is just a portion of the tickers in the portfolio?

When collapsed it should be the only row left? Everything else is contained in it?

Not sure how tickers wander in or out.

(ok nevermind on that one either - doh)

RDSA - I am using Yahoo. Guess I just answered that myself. (ok nevermind on that one - doh)

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an "erase all lines on chart" button like there was in QT?

How do you add a separator between Quote Columns?

How do you add a separator between symbols? (in QT you could put in ---, if I do this I sometimes get a subtotal come up, but I can't move it around to separator specific symbols)

Can you increase the font size on the Quote column page?

Is there an index or help menu? (the blue question mark in the top right hand corner doesn't seem to work for me)

By the way, this is a great program. was so happy to see you come out with this.

• Erase All - on the DRAW tab on the chart, there is a clear button. You can either click it to clear everything or click the dropdown on it to clear specific types of annotations

• Add a Separator on Quote Columns - right click on any column header. Select "Column Chooser" and drag the columns you want to wherever you want in the quote grid. One of the Columns is "-----Separator-----"

• Symbol separator works the same way as in QT - add a symbol with 2 or more --- in the beginning (minus signs).  That creates a separator/sub-Totals.  Dragging it moves the entire sub-group. If you want to change what symbols are part of the group, you need to drag those symbols. Sub-Total sections can also be collapsed.

• What is a Quote Column page?

• Don't currently have help file written yet.

• 1 month later...

there are buttons on the left side of the VIEW tab to increase/decrease the font size, but you can just use the common keyboard shortcuts for that (same ones used on web browsers) - CTRL+ and CTRL-

Thanks for this post regarding font resizing -- I was too conditioned by old quote tracker platform to see the obvious and elegant improvement in dealing with this issue -- got to get out of the old museum I guess.

• 5 weeks later...

Default settings for MT will keep the charts and other Sub Windows (Level II, Raw Data) on top of portfolios and only the portfolios will have icons on the taskbar. The on top option is needed so you don't lose the windows since they don't have their own icons.

You can change all that.  If you go to SETTINGS / APPLICATION / GENERAL screen you can change:

Sub Windows On Top...  - if you uncheck this, the charts and other sub windows will not stay on top of the portfolio  If yo do that, you may also want to CHECK:

Separate Task bar Icon for Child Windows

I need to change the wording to be consistent there :)

Yes, you can.  However, if you do, I suggest that you specify the IP address of the machine running MT as a Safe IP Address in TWS. Otherwise, TWS will prompt you when MT connects and MT cannot close that prompt automatically because it is on a different machine.

Also, you would need to specify the IP address of the machine running TWS in MT on SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / CONFIGURE ACCOUNTS screen. Select Interactive Brokers, then enter the TWS IP Address. 

NOTE: in both cases you obviously need to use the the local network addresses.  If the two machines are not on the same network, it would be more involved