Medved Trader Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hello, I just signed up, still on the free trial. Finally figured out the system, added paintbars set up chart trading etc, I have data feeds from Webull and Barchart, using Yahoo to backfill options data and trading through ETrade so I tried to give it a shot today. I don't think this was happening yesterday during market hours. First I noticed I couldnt pull up an options chain using Barchart, then the chart was delayed by a couple bars and by the end of the day it was 15 minutes behind. Both Webull and Barchart should give me realltime data but Barchart wont even backfill the chart (neither will Webull but skimming the forums I assume it's just like TD Ameritrade in that regard) An unrelated note, I cant open my screenshot app while MT is opened so i cant show the that all my datat sources are currently streaming
  3. Today
  4. After using MT for about a month, I've compiled a small list of features I'd like to see. Link Order Parameters (Qty, TIF, Sp. Ins.) between windows of the same color group. It's easy to change the quantity in one window and then accidentally select another window with a different order size, and then execute a macro that sends a buy/sell order. Different highlights/formatting for "at bid/ask", "below bid", and "above ask" in Raw Data window. Being able to use Custom Color Set for this rather than the custom XML file. DOM price highlight should filter out sizes smaller than the block size specified in the raw data window. I set my block size filter to 100 to ignore all those 1-share, and 10-share size orders. Those small orders cause the last price highlight in the DOM window to excessively flutter. I like to have quick reactions based on orders that can move the price while watching the highlight. Filtering out the small sales would make this easier. Raw Data block trade size based on average volume per row (block = % of average size). I have the block size set to 3000. When I'm watching a mid to high-priced symbol, this is fine, but if I switch to a low-price symbol, almost everything gets highlighted. I was thinking that maybe it could work by specifying a percentage of the average last volume size. A setting of 100% would highlight those at average size or above. A setting of 200% would highlight those that are 2X the average size. It could even have multiple % settings with different colors for each. Another option would be for the Block Trade size to be saved per symbol. Have DOM auto-scroll speed options. This is a low priority, but it would be nice to have an option for faster more responsive auto-scrolling. Compute approximate transaction profit using a simple option based on the average share price that can be shown in the Transactions window. Thanks.
  5. I'm trying to configure some risk management parameters that block me from taking a position higher than I want to. The max quantity on the accounts page seems to limit the automatic quantity calculation, but any quantity tabs, quantity boxes, or macros don't obey this max limit. It would be great if we could set a max position size in share quantity or position $.
  6. These OCOCA orders are working great. Is there an easy way to exit half the position before it gets to the target? Like a "flatten 1/2" or "exit 1/2". The best would be one stop with multi targets or a way to split out the target.
  7. I will dedicate some time to this on Mon... If it's the case that the L1 feed of DXFeed produces candles with different volumes than the DXFeed backfill, will report it to them... As a reference, what kind of subscription bundle do you have with DXFeed?
  8. Any other ideas on this, or some diagnostics I can run to determine where the issue is?
  9. how about mouse wheel while holding CTRL+SHIFT?
  10. Can you add another way in addition to change the aggregation of ticks in the DOM trader by holding the CTRL button and spinning the mouse wheel? I think it is faster for those who use this function very often instead of set the parameter manually in the DOM panel's settings; it's my opinion. Alaric version
  11. Yesterday
  12. alex

Schwab API

I have both Schwab acct and TD acct which will be moved to Schwab on 5/10. I suppose I can test your app before 5/10 with my existing Schwab login ID once your app is released. Correct?
  13. Jerry Medved

Schwab API

no problem. We are making some progress. Just narrowed down level II issue - seems that the data being bad is also tied to the delayed Options etc. Some authentication issue. So once that is fixed, we may be able to release in beta.
  14. tedthehead

Schwab API

Thanks for the info and the program that allows me to see everything I need at once.
  15. Jerry Medved

Schwab API

We will release before the 10th since I at least have the datafeed working. though right now options are delayed. I just don't want to release without everything working properly unless I have to since that will create a support nightmare.
  16. tedthehead

Schwab API

Clearly the question is, will Medved Trader be ready for Schwab data feed by May 10th? If you cannot be sure due to circumstances beyond your control please let us know ASAP. I'll need to open a small account at a brokerage that already is integrated into Medved in the next few days. Schwab I can lose, but not Medved.
  17. Stef

requests on the dom

for example for an order of 1000 shares, 800 are executed while the p&l is still calculated and shown on the respective column on the initial position of 1000 shares instead of 200 shares remaining.
  18. Stef

requests on the dom

2) I was referring to this which seems like a problem to me: the p&l is calculated not on the open position if a new quantity is selected; the p&L column appears not immediately as soon as the order is executed but with a significant delay (sometimes even after seconds) and then also the p&l on the column does not update immediately as the order is executed.
  19. Last week
  20. And after I watch it for a while again, the volume since watching looks right.
  21. Here are two videos I made today. The first is toggling odd lots and forcing backfill using dxFeed tick data. Odd lots makes no difference, but you can see all the volume disappear after clearing and not come back after forcing backfill. The second is forcing backfill using TradeStation. The volume looks better, but the candles are not good.
  22. Very little change. Is this video from above, I go through all the various settings and refill options.
  23. Jerry suggested unchecking the Odd Lots setting. What happens when you do?
  24. I had shut down for a while, but opening it back up, you can see here where I had the symbol either being watched or in a portfolio. Here's after clear and backfill.
  25. Ok so - are the volumes after 13:07 (that is, the volumes gathered from L1 data by MT) correct but backfill volumes aren't? If you clear data at that point and re-backfill will the volumes after 13:07 become a lot smaller?
  1. Load more activity