Medved Trader Forums

"Cross tab" Views & Order Entry

BillB

Question

This is way off-base but given comment about possibility of a multiple order window with multiple accounts and multiple brokers, how about a "cross tab" like view across all MT portfolios by stock symbol and then an easy way to select that stock for a buy/sell order that brings along the MT portfolio info on which account in each specific portfolio with its associated broker?  Say I have several accounts and 2 brokerages, each of which has shares of INTC.  On a given day, I want to sell all INTC in all accounts via a single order entry window in MT.  I'm sure it's a nightmare to program but would be amazingly useful both to individuals and RIAs. If too far out there as an idea, please feel free to deleted the post.  Thanks!

Bill Bollinger

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

the thing is, this starts getting into some overlap between MT Portfolios and the account Positions.  

MT portfolios can have symbol QTY, PAID, etc, but those are basically manually entered and not everyone would use it.

Account Positions (on the Account View screen, POSITIONS tab) have actual account data, that is up to date.  However, it is only there IF that account is currently logged in.  If you have 10 accounts defined and only brought up trade related windows in MT for 2 of them, MT will not login to the other 8 and thus will not know about whatever positions are there..  

I guess we could at some point add a search type function. Remind me after we do the multi-trade window :)

• Like 1