Medved Trader Forums

A few column and chart questions

MTG

I'm full of questions today.  B)

Can someone please explain the color coding in the "last" column with its pale green/red and bright green/red.

Also, with the "pressure" column, I think we are looking at the ratio - # trades lifting the offer : # trades hitting the bid - yes?  Or are we looking at the volume of stock traded at the bid/offer?  And over what time period?  Or is it calculated over a number of trades?

Is the coloured bar that appears on the far right of the intraday chart the same as pressure?

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Jerry,

What is measured in the "volume %" column please?

Is "average volume" taken from the MA on the volume chart?

When using Etrade as an intraday source, it doesn't register '# trades'.  I feel like it should do that, since the website does have this data.

Best Regards,

Volume % is VOL / AVG.VOL

Average volume would need to be returned from the datafeed.  Only other way is if you open a historical chart and it backfills, MT computes the avg volume from that data at that time. E*Trade does not return avg volume

As for # of trades, needs to be returned by the datafeed. I do not see it on the E*Trade AU quote page.