Medved Trader Forums

Played with windows 10 this weekend

rotor

Oke doke - seems the heart of the problem is I have lost the feed from IB - Now how to get that back from memory is a conundrum - likely in global configuration, love going there - not

sorry for the time wasting posts - us quill pen guys get lost in all this technology sometimes ------ :(

1) If you want to have a local copy of TWS, install that.

2) run TWS

3) make sure API is enabled (Global Configuration in TWS, then select API, and check the top box)

4) Once you did that, start MT and select IB as the quote source on top of the portfolio window, in the MAIN tab on the ribbon

Thank you for your patience. TWS is always running, was into checking the API when I read your reply. That's Ok and I have Trusted IP address as 127.0.0.1, Socket port 7496. Not sure what Logging level = error is all about. Had trouble finding the MAIN tab on the ribbon, have only a small watch list active. Whatever, all is working now with the list of symbals updating.  STILL not able to update the few interday charts I have open. Backfill all and other attempts have come to zero so far. I have IB listed as the backfill source.

As I said before many thanks for your patience.

If I can just get the few charts backfilled I'll be a happy punter again ------ Nice product you have here, it's been working well up to this little personal glitch

:)  :D

and GDX in relation to the last two mentioned previously. All these used to have the pressure bar on the RH side, Not there now which still leaves the raw data which is dead. If it throws any light on the matter, just scrolled through the raw data on DUST - Shows date, time and individual volume for today but no 'Bid" 'Ask" figures. The last time was 14.52.52 which then reverts to 21.19.39. All showing the date as 08/03/15 so perhaps that was from last friday?

No bid or ask means that the data in question is from backfill, not from the level one quotes coming in real time. If the quotes in the portfolio are updating, then most likely you have a future quote. Can you just clear all data on all the symbols in the portfolio and see if they start updating in raw data?

• Like 1

Jerry thanks so much, that seems to have got things back on an even keel. Old *arts like me would be lost without you. Just quit and reloaded MT and everything seems fine with the deleted data reinstated. Just noticed the computer time and date here was all screwed up, a.m./p.m. out of squiff. Had a regular 'tear your hair out' weekend playing with Mr. Softy and his dreaded updates, so the problem was all this end.

Cheers