Medved Trader Forums

EDITING NOTES IN FOLIO

vireya

• 1 year later...

This problem is not fixed....

When I insert a note in my portfolio "NOTE" column, then I see nowhere what I'm typing until I press the OK button, then suddenly the text is there.

Also when I try to modify the text in the note column the previous text disappear completely and only the text witch I added is saved in the note column.

Im using Windows 8.1

1) When I insert a note in my portfolio "NOTE" column, then I see nowhere what I'm typing until I press the OK button, then suddenly the text is there.

Can you please give me exact steps that you are doing. Are you double clicking on the NOTE field first in order to edit or just start typing? Are you copy/pasting or typing?
When you say that you don't see it, do you mean you are typing stuff in the note edit field and the text you type is not showing up there? Even if just 1 line?

2) when I try to modify the text in the note column the previous text disappear completely and only the text witch I added is saved in the note column.

are you double clicking on the note field first?

I only clicked once on the notes. But once or twice makes no difference. I can add a text with only one click on the note box. but I don't see what I do.

"

When you say that you don't see it, do you mean you are typing stuff in the note edit field and the text you type is not showing up there? Even if just 1 line?"

Yes that's right.

"are you double clicking on the note field first?"

I did now and I tried to modify the note text. This is working but when we ad some words without seeing the first text, there is a space missing between the old text and the new. Ik can not correct this because when I double click on the note the Original text dissapear till I click on the OK button.

I tried also copy and paste. That works, but with the same remark as above.

there is a difference between single click and double click on the notes field, or any field for that matter on the Portfolio editor. NOTE: double click, not just click twice.  Double clicking starts editing, where as single click just puts focus on the field, and if you start typing, whatever you are typing will become the new value overwriting previous value. That is intended.  

As for you not seeing the data when typing, I have no idea how you are managing that. Are you using Large Fonts settings?  Anything else unusual about your setup?

No, I don't think I do something unusual. Most of the time I copy and paste information from news or from a message board. Or I type something by myself on the notes field.

But anyway when I click once or twice, the text in both cases is gone. The field becomes empty. I then type blind and only see the result when I press OK. Sometimes when I modify the text, then somehow it turns out to be in the middle between the old text after I pressed OK. At the beginning and at the end pieces of the old text and somewhere in the middle the new text.

I do not have that problem with QuoteTracker.

Strange that nobody else has this problem. Perhaps it resolves itself sooner or later on. Thanks anyway.

I will try to explain with some pictures.

First I select the ticker OCFN and second I select the little portfolio button just above the NAME column.

Screen%20Shot%201_zpsxgjgco7c.png

I get this screen with the selected ticker at the bottom,

Screen%20Shot%2007-08-15%20at%2003.13%20

and double click on the notes field.

Screen%20Shot%2007-08-15%20at%2003.14%20

Now im typing a text and see nothing on the screen.

But if I scroll 1 tick above, suddenly I see the text.

Screen%20Shot%2007-08-15%20at%2003.15%20

If again I scroll 1 tick down the text remains visible.

Screen%20Shot%2007-08-15%20at%2003.16%20

I now see the curser and can modify the text without a problem.

Screen%20Shot%2007-08-15%20at%2003.18%20

In summary, the problem arises because the selected ticker comes in at the bottom of the edit screen.

I hope I have this clearly defined. And thank you Jerry for the guidance.

Jerry, There is still something I noticed with regard to the notes field.

If there are just only numbers mentioned in the notes field then they will appear on the right side of the field. On the other hand, if there are characters in the notes they will appear on the left side of the field. Is this intended?