Medved Trader Forums

MT Beta Request

remisha

jerry,

I am having trouble in getting data feed from IB. I downloaded MT couple days ago.  Did go to Dashboard,Settings, Data sources, high lighted IB on top. But I am getting message IB defaulted. Tried many times. Don't know What I am doing wrong. help will be appreciated. Running latest TWS, (prices updating in the TWS)

Thanks

dale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Confused new guy here.  Have been using QuoteTracker forever and have customized it a zillion ways.  I use it every single trading day.  Since I switched to TD Ameritrade (years ago), I no longer saw the advertisements -- until today.  They came back and I don't know how to make them go away again.  I see that the old website is apparently down or gone, and I see there's this new thing call MedvedTrader.  Do I need to abandon QuoteTracker and switch?  Or can I make the ads go away again?  If I have to switch, is there a way for me to get all my settings over to the new software so that it works just like QuoteTracker?

Thanks!

Way back when, we sold QuoteTracker to TD Ameritrade.  They basically killed it.  Medved Trader is our new product. 

Seems that TDA killed www.quotetracker.com, which would be why the ads came back. 

Basically, yes, you do need to switch. If you are familiar with QuoteTracker, Medved Trader should be very easy for you to use. 

As far as settings, MT can import QT portfolios, but not other settings.

I emailed you the beta instructions (our web site is not up yet, so don't have the download link openly available yet.

Quote sources - you cannot remove sources, but you can select the ones you normally use to be shown at the top of the source list. Go to SETTINGS / DATA SOURCES / CONFIGURE ACCOUNTS.  select the source you want to use, then check the checkbox for "Show at Top of Selection Lists" (checkbox is on the right side of the screen at the top).  MT also sets that automatically when you actually use a specific source

Font Size - on the VIEW tab on the ribbon (top of the portfolio window), there are font increase/decrease buttons on the left side.  Or you can just hit CTRL +  or CTRL - to Increase/decrease the font, same as you would in a browser. 

You've done a tremendous job on this application!  There is a lot of functionality here, including many useful features that I never realized I'd been missing in the past.

There are three major features that I used every day in QuoteTracker that I don't see here: saving a graph (via ctrl-s) as a file, printing the portfolio grid(s), and putting indices (Nasdaq, etc.) in the ribbon area.  Is there any way I can get these features, or something equivalent, in Medved Trader?

Thanks!

Printing - not done yet. However, with MT, you can highlight multiple symbols, then right click and select COPY (or hit CTRL+C), then paste into Excel and print from there

Saving chart to file - also not done, though you can either click on the chart and hit ALT+PrintScreen, or right click and select COPY to copy the image of the chart, which you can then paste into email, Paint, etc. and save.

Indices - MT does not have an index panel, at least right now.  However, MT lets you change the view of the portfolios to TILE view.  So you can create another portfolio for just indices and open it along side your regular portfolio, switch to TILE View, and hide the ribbon (yes, ribbon can be hidden) and the status bar.  Refer to this post for more on TIle view:

http://forums.medvedtrader.com/index.php?/topic/1133-just-released-new-tile-views/?hl=tile

All three of those are clever workarounds - thank you.

Regarding the indices: I've created such a portfolio and made it tiny as suggested.  Is there any way to "attach" it to a grid portfolio window so that the two windows act like a single window?

Thank you yet again.