Medved Trader Forums

Time Zone Bugs

MikeR

Hi Jerry,

I think there are a couple of minor bugs here.

In the "Settings" window, I chose "UK Equities" and GMT as the timezone, then pressed "Set as Default". However when I open a new chart, the default is still for USA markets, and the timezone has to be adjusted for each new chart opened. 

Also, in the bottom RH of the "Portfolio" window, the "time to market close" is still showing USA timing, whilst the "Dashboard" window is showing the correct time for UK markets. The "Now" time is correct in both windows.

Mike  

Mike - Default timeframe applies to what is shown on the Dashboard status bar as well as any symbols or streamers that do not have a timeframe already selected. Right now all streamers have one selected.  As for symbols, I don't remember of the top of my head.

Are you using Yahoo? What symbols specifically?

BTW, you can change the streamer timeframe by clicking on the clock on the status bar

Yes, only using Yahoo until MoneyAM comes online (hint, hint)! Still doing trading through QT & MoneyAM, both of which have proven to be wonderfully stable.

For MT< specific symbols include: VOD.L, BATS.L & SSE.L

Will test further when UK markets open tomorrow.

p.s.

My UK online broker is "iDealing.com". They are a pretty savvy lot, and might welcome a link for streaming quotes & integrated trading. If I contact them, I do get a personal response. Should I introduce MT to them, or are you too busy with US stuff (I realise that the UK is a minority interest). Don't forget, it was me that triggered the MoneyAM link for QT! 

if you used VOD:LON, BATS:LON and SSE:LON, MT would have properly defaulted the timezone, or even if you would have used VOD:L, BATS:L, SSE:L, it would have worked.  But since you used yahoo native format, MT just treated the whole thing as a symbol and did not have an exchange specified, which is why it got defaulted to US Equities. 

As for iDealing.com - we would certainly welcome a cooperating UK broker.

Hi Jerry,

Do you want me to stirr up MoneyAM & iDealing.com right now or would it be better to wait until the major issues with MT are fixed? QT is still working fine for me.

Both will respond to me as an active client.

Mike

p.s. how is Mike's baby coming along? Probably a toddler now.