Medved Trader Forums

Linear Regression Channel and Single Regression

trader6823

Question

Hi Jerry are these two indicators going to be added to MT and if so is there any ETA? Also would it be possible to allow to add more custom fibonacci levels? In QT there was a box for 3 custom fib levels however it would be very helpful if there was at least 5-8 extra custom levels available in MT as this was an issue in QT. Also I noticed the bollinger band indicator will only allow a setting of 2 standard deviations or greater. QT allowed less than 2, and even less than 1, and this was very useful, so I hope it can be added. Lastly would it be possible to allow to add a fib retracement by right clicking a trend line and having an option in the contect menu that way you won't have to go switching between tools. Its much easier to just draw a trendline and then have the retracement projected. So far everything in the software seems pretty good. Thanks.

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Bollinger Bands - I changed it.  You can go to FILE/HELP/Check Updates and get the update. Once you restart, it should let you enter lower values for the Std. Dev... (the updates to indicators and sites take affect after restart. The app does not force a restart for those, unlike the full update)

As for trendline to fib conversion - the actual conversion is not a big deal. The UI however is, since there is no menu when you right click. It goes directly to the editor and there really isn't any place to add options like that there. That editor screen is completely dynamic, so I can't just add a button there. It would have to be worked into the whoe structure for the way the editor is defined. Not too crazy about doing that right now

I tried to update like you said but it did not work exactly. I can now use the down arrow to lower the stan. dev. below 2 but I can't go below 1.0. I want to be able to go below 1 like QT allowed. Also would it be possible to add a setting on the PSAR indicator to make the dots smaller like QT allowed?