Medved Trader Forums

Medved Trader beta version

jerry

Question

After using the program today I cant seem to get rid of the pre/post chart bars that are on the current day.

Is there an easy way to have 3 or 4 charts of different timeframes, sitting on the ribbon bar. In QT I could have several charts sitting at the ready under the active portfolio window.

I just cant figure out how to create a daily chart

Thank you

pre/post market - go to the chart's VIEW tab. Change the extended hours setting to NEVER.

I think your use of "ribbon bar" is different than our use of that term.  You can minimize MT charts same as QTs.

Hist charts - right click on any quote row, intraday chart, raw data, Level II etc and select Historical chart. Or hit CTRL+H.

When I minimize them where do they go?With QT they would go to the portfolio screen as tabs. I minimized my 2 charts but I can only find them on the windows 8 taskbar or listed on the dashboard. I have alot of trouble switching between charts, if I get rid of one I end up doing 2 or 3 clicks to find another or have to go back to the dashboard to locate a chart

Really dumb but how do I easily exit the program? Is there a close program button somewhere on one of the windows I am missing?  I always end up deleting something. thank you

How do I add a margin to the right of a chart, the last bar is always  half off the screen?

• Like 1

QT did not have any minimized tabs.  If you minimized the chart, it woudl go to a small icon, usually above the task bar, which you could then move.

By default, MT does the same thing. If however you set MT to have separate icons for the various child windows, then each chart will have it's own icon on the task bar and will minimize same as any other window. If Windows Task bar is set to consolidate windows from the same program it would probably consolidate all MT icons.

Exiting the program:

1) you can close the dashboard. Doing that should get you a prompt confirming you want to close.

2) on the dashboard or portfolio window, you can click on the FILE tab and then select EXIT on bottom right of the menu that pops up.

Margin on right of chart - candles really should not be cut off in the first place, so if it is, could you send me a screenshot via email?

if you move over the X axis on the chart, you should see the X axis change shading a little. When it does, you can click and drag on the X axis to the right to add space. Same thing to the left to remove space

1) Yes, we plan to add MB Trading, though it has not been started and I cannot give an ETA.

2) Yes, you can - move mouse over the X axis. When you see it highlight, click and drag to the right

3) You can show the trace cursor by holding down the SHIFT or CTRL+SHIFT keys. To make it always on there is an option in SETTINGS/ CHARTS / General