Medved Trader Forums

Last price display

tr222

When using MT after the market close (8:30pm) in the portfolio view the "Last" column shows the after hours last price.  I use IB data.  If I switch to Yahoo data it reports the actual RTH last price.  I would like MT  to display the last price from the RTH.  I have RTH checked off for the historical Back fill, but it shows the after hours last price.  The charts show the RTK last price but the "LAST column does not.  Any help?

MT is always showing the latest value coming from the datafeed. RTH for hist Backfill request. It has no impact on the chart showing data that is already in MT, and the last bar on hist chart comes from Open, High, Low, and LAST on the quotes.  There is no way for us to reliably know what the official close is. 

Though you could mess with switching sources, that will not reliably get you the RTH quote. if you want RTH on historical, turn off the real-time option for the historical charts. 

The charts show the RTH LAST price, however it is in the "column chooser" that is displaying the LAST price from the after hours (not RTH).  In addition to this the last price is TWS matches the RTH LAST price and not the After hours price.  So in TWS it is the RTH price as LAST but in MT it is the after hours price.   I would think if the same column in TWS would transfer to MT, but there must be something else here???