Medved Trader Forums

WebRoot - Causing severe slowdown on startup - need user's help...

Jerry Medved

Seems that WebRoot is causing a severe performance issue for MT on startup. May have just started recently. I tried installing on a test machine, but was unable to recreate the issue.

Only way I know right now to get around it is to disable Realtime Shield in Webroot before starting MT, then start MT, then when it fully loads, you can re-enable Realtime Shield. 

we contacted WebRoot and they sent us instructions on how to get the needed logs to them.  If you are using WebRoot and are seeing the performance problem, PLEASE email us at support@medvedtrader.com and we will get you the instructions. That way, WebRoot can get the issue resolved. 

Thanks

Just got a reply from WebRoot:

---

We have white-listed these processes (MT) in our database, this should resolve the issues you were experiencing.
Please allow 24 hours for this to propagate over the network.

If you would like to expedite the process, go to the machine locally and right click on the Webroot system tray icon. Select "Refresh Configuration" and click "OK". This will force a polling interval and send the two commands.

---- 

Please do that (right click on the webroot system tray icon and select Refresh Configuration) and let me know if MT starts OK after that

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, Jerry Medved said:

Just got a reply from WebRoot:

---

We have white-listed these processes (MT) in our database, this should resolve the issues you were experiencing.
Please allow 24 hours for this to propagate over the network.

If you would like to expedite the process, go to the machine locally and right click on the Webroot system tray icon. Select "Refresh Configuration" and click "OK". This will force a polling interval and send the two commands.

---- 

Please do that (right click on the webroot system tray icon and select Refresh Configuration) and let me know if MT starts OK after that

No dice

7 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

We have had mixed results reported. For starters, the software everyone uses does not have Refresh Configuration option.  And without it, some reported improvement, some not.  I did reply to WebRoot with the results. Let me know how it is tomorrow too.

Not yet. Loads to the auto backup point and stops. Taskbar will not open the task manager either. Then taskbar disappears. Have to shutdown form the surge protector switch 

1 hour ago, Jim TCM LLC said:

Hi Jerry,

As we discussed, I'm using WebRoot Secure Anywhere and I've had no warnings or errors on MT startup for the past 2 days.

Jim

Thank’s for the heads up Jim. Eureka!!! Thank you Jerry! BTW Jerry, the dynamic colors feature in the index panel is great.

FYI - we have further instructions from WebRoot for those that still encounter an issue. Basically to uninstall and Re-install Webroot, but in a specific way. If you are still encountering the issue, please email us ( support@medvedtrader.com )  and indicate which Operating System you are using and I will send you the instructions.