Medved Trader Forums

Advanced Paintbar editor questions

NowUCMe

I am attempting to write a Custom Indicator and have two questions.

1. Is it possible to access the current Bid and Ask in the Advanced Paintbar Editor ?

2. Is it possible to create Parameters that can be used by the Advanced Paintbar ? i.e., I currently have code that looks at the last 4 Paintbars. Every time I want to look at a different number of Paintbars, I go to the code and change the number. What I would like is the ability change the number in the Chart indicator Selection window rather than having to Modify the Paintbar code. Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by NowUCMe

Emailed you an update. Added:

DefinePaintbarParameter(String ParameterID, string ParameterDescription = null, Boolean IsInteger = false, Double Minimum = 0, Double Maximum = 100, Double Increment = 1, Double Default = 1)

Double GetPaintbarParameter(String ParameterID)

Just use DefinePaintbarParameter to define it, then GetPaintbarParameter to get the user specified value

One note: the parameters to the DefinePaintbarParameter function have to be literals. Not variables. That's because what defines the parameter is not executing the function, but the pre-parser that sees the function and gets its parameter values. (That is also the reason why that function doesn't have to be called anywhere in particular. Stick it any place in the code).