Medved Trader Forums

Trailing Stops

Enginer

On November 25, 2016 delta88 posted a question in Bug Reporting-Public, that I could not find a reply to   The issue was the trailing stop reversing and following the market price back up (or down).  This is happening for me, but appears to work correctly when the order is initiated in TWS. Has there been a resolution I have missed?

Separate issue ----Would it not be possible to program an option whereby the MedVed Trader order entry has an option to set offset ($ or %) and enter a buy (or sell) stop order that fires a position order, then immediately on filling, creates the trailing order automatically?   Would be a real time and risk saver.

Edited by Enginer
clarification

Trailing Stop - Basically, TWS is not returning the actual stop price (yes, it is shown in TWS itself). We have gone back and forth with IB support about it and have gotten nowhere. right now we need to get them the logs, but just have not had time to do it. will do.

We do not plan to do automatic order entry on the client side. however, we do plan to add multi-leg contingent orders for brokers that support it, including IB.