Medved Trader Forums

Access to Bitcoin Charting

trader6823

Question

Any chance or possibility to add Bitcoin to Medved Trader or is it already available? I don't necessarily mean to trade Bitcoin but just to view quotes and charts in Medved Trader? I have not been able to find any charting software to display my system on current bitcoin charting platforms.   

Edited by trader6823
  • Like 1

OK< I see. You have TICK Charts and those depend on volume being there. The is a problem in our stuff with BITFINEX where volume was retrieved on Backfill, but not updated with real-time data, so the result is the tick charts only showed up to the point that MT had changing volume.  (will fix that)

Also, Tick charts for now will not be that accurate with Crypto Currencies because volume is in decimals. Right now MT volume is an integer, so decimal trades like 0.02345 bitcoin are not recorded with volume in effect. We will be fixing that.

I emailed you the fix for the first issue, but I suggest using a regular Candle chart instead of a tick chart for now.

On 9/16/2017 at 2:48 PM, Jerry Medved said:

Support for GDAX quotes was added in the last beta release.

As opposed to Bitfinex and Poloniex (which don't require login for data), for GDAX you have to enter your account login/pwd to get data.

This is fantastic. Is there any way to get more than 2 days of intraday data? My system works off 5-10 days

if you have quotes coming in on the symbol in the portfolio, then having the chart up doesn't matter.  Otherwise, if you open (and backfill) the chart at least once within the max period of the backfill, it also shouldn't matter. NOTE: If using GDAX, the last beta increased max backfill from 2 to 10 days. Slow as molasses, but works. 

• Like 1

Hello,
Is this canyon chart ready now...
It is more difficult to use MedVed for Crypto now... 
on Binance they have a % you can buy in 25/50/75/100 it is very useful so I don't have to spend a lot of time converting the sats. and doing the math on the fly. So, for now, I don't really use MT for trading just for the scanner and charting... I would also like to request that you guys have more flexible alerts for different indicators besides price. I am more of a momentum trader and I need alerts for MFI / RSI / Volume so I can be alerted when certain levels are reached...
So, it would be GREAT if you have an MT Crypto edition so it would cater more to crypto instead of traditional stocks...

Depth Chart - once we get our heads above water. right now swamped. Hopefully next major beta.

Trading - having options to send %, etc. Yes, I know. that is really mostly crypto specific and we do not yet have that.. will be adding.

Alerts - you can do very complex alerts on anything you want. Have to use Paintbars or Scans (same code as paintbars).