trader6823

Access to Bitcoin Charting

Question

trader6823    2

Any chance or possibility to add Bitcoin to Medved Trader or is it already available? I don't necessarily mean to trade Bitcoin but just to view quotes and charts in Medved Trader? I have not been able to find any charting software to display my system on current bitcoin charting platforms.   

Edited by trader6823
  • Like 1

29 answers to this question

gidielle    16
On 11/9/2017 at 6:20 PM, gidielle said:

but the last price in the historical chart is correct.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:20 PM, gidielle said:

I have sent you the log file

Jerry Medved    272

OK< I see. You have TICK Charts and those depend on volume being there. The is a problem in our stuff with BITFINEX where volume was retrieved on Backfill, but not updated with real-time data, so the result is the tick charts only showed up to the point that MT had changing volume.  (will fix that)

Also, Tick charts for now will not be that accurate with Crypto Currencies because volume is in decimals. Right now MT volume is an integer, so decimal trades like 0.02345 bitcoin are not recorded with volume in effect. We will be fixing that.

I emailed you the fix for the first issue, but I suggest using a regular Candle chart instead of a tick chart for now.

trader6823    2

Jerry did you ever hear anything back from GDAX/Coinbase or Gemini exchanges? The reason is Bitfinex data is different from Gemini and Gdax which are the main Crypto US exchanges. The prices on Bitfinex differ from these so its like looking at lagged data.

Edited by trader6823

Jerry Medved    272

Support for GDAX quotes was added in the last beta release.

As opposed to Bitfinex and Poloniex (which don't require login for data), for GDAX you have to enter your account login/pwd to get data.