Medved Trader Forums

ATR Trailing Stop Indicator

jfritchey

Historical Charts, 3 month, daily

How do I get the ATR Trailing Stop indicator to continue showing  when the price falls below the indicator line?  I wanted to buy a stock 15 days after the price dropped below the indicator line when it bottomed and set a trailing stop with my broker but had to calculate the value by hand.  The indicator will begin to plot again but I have not figured out what triggers it to begin plotting again.

Mike,

The selection box for long and short controls the position of the indicator line above or below the line.  Switching automatically may be desirable in certain conditions but eliminates your ability to see the line when the price drops below the long indicator line.  The short side line  on DVN does not show for 21 days after the high when the short sell should occur.  Think and Swim and Stock charts both continue to show the indicator line after price drops below the indicator line.  Would it be possible to add an option box on the indicator configuration screen to always show the  indicator line? It would be very beneficial.

Thanks