Medved Trader Forums

Futures Data on Medved

KS2

Hello,

Can I get Futures data from TOS (TD Ameritrade) or IB (Interactive brokers) is the only way? how can I have data from 2 sources come into Medved is there a way to configure it so that Futures data can come in from IB and other Stock data from TD ?

Thanks for your help.

IB is not the only way, but you cannot get it from TD Ameritrade at this time. Their API does not support it. (TOS uses a different datafeed).  That will hopefully change in the future when their new API goes live. 

MT Supports multiple sources for futures - IB, IQFeed, TradeKing (MBT), GAIN brokers, Yahoo (Delayed), Directa (Italian Brokerage) 

MT lets you configure different sources for each portfolio, and also for the index panel on each portfolio window.  So for example, you can set TD Ameritrade to be the source for the quotes on the portfolio, but make IB the source for the index panel and put the futures in there. Or, you can create a separate portfolio for the futures, open a 2nd portfolio window and set it to show the futures portfolio and set that portfolios's source to be IB.

• Like 1

Thank you very Jerry, also I think I need to keep running the TWS IB Workstation platform for MT to pull the data from IB , is that correct understanding?

Also if we try from Yahoo Finance (delayed Quote) for futures how should we enter the Futures Symbol lets say for NQ should it be @NQM7 ?

Edited by KS2
added NQ futures query too for yahoo

Thank you very much Jerry, appreciate it your super quick response.  for Yahoo how would I enter the symbol for futures lets say Nasdaq or ES futures? I tried with @NQM7 but it doesn't pull any data from Yahoo finance (I have ensured the data source is Yahoo finance).