Medved Trader Forums

Transfer MT to a new computer?

HIGH99

1. Do a fresh download and install on a new computer.

2. In the Dashboard, on the old computer, use the File - Export/Backup option to create an export file. Can include data if you want.

3. Copy that file on a flash drive

4. Run the new computer's install. Log in with same login as on old computer. Put the flash drive into the new computer. Do File - Import/Restore and point it to the flash drive's file.

In order to put a click start icon on the desktop with QT, it was called "stocks application".  I see with MT a little bull symbol with MT next to it.

It is called application.  Is this what will put the icon on the desktop to start it up by clicking on it?

• 1 month later...

I run MT in a Windows 7 Virtual Machine as I had so many problems with font sizing and virtual memory problems with Windows 10. The nice thing about running in a Virtual Machine is that I can just copy the Virtual Machine to another computer when I upgrade. I actually don't have a choice on the VM though as I'm mainly running on Macs these days.