Medved Trader Forums

Freezing/failed log in

jFERN

It sounds like your security software is screwing things up - that would cause performance issues and connectivity issues, thus the login failure.  Which security software are you using? What broker or datafeed is the login failure with?

Can you send me the log?

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add the email subject or the Post URL in the comment.  Do not check any check-boxes.

If cannot send that way, you can do it manually:

go to FILE / Export/Backup menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
Select “To share with others” export file protection option on top right
Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.
Export, then email me the exported file please.

Same problem I had previously.  Just sent log info as you suggested last time.  The password issue is infuriating.  Keeps prompting me to create new one, which takes me to your home page, but won't bring up the dashboard/portfolio.  Finally got that after three tries, but data feed not working and restore not working.  TD Ameritrade is source (their website fine).  Kaspersky is security software.  This issue is new.  Haven't changed computers or security.

Now it's back to prompting me to create new password again.

MT does not prompt you to reset or change passwords. Ever.  You are just seeing the login prompt.  I checked our logs and the reason the password didn’t work when you tried it at first is because you entered a different password than what was entered previously.

As for why it came up, I checked the log that you sent . MT was not shut down properly. Because of that, some settings got corrupted. Without those settings, MT starts as new, with the login prompt. We emailed you the instructions how to restore the settings if that happens, but in general, try not to kill MT or power off the machine before shutting MT down.