Medved Trader Forums

Problem with charts not updating fixed

mmoy

I had problems with charts not updating. I could see the prices change on the portfolio window but I had to hit ^B to get the prices to update. I'm happy to report that the latest version fixed that problem. I hadn't updated in a while so I don't know which version I was coming from.

is this on Intraday or Historical charts?

on quotes, please add Quote Date and QuoteTime columns if they are not already there.  Check if the symbol having the problem has a future date/time

open raw data window on the symbol and see if the topmost row has a future date/time (add the date column if not already there please).

Let me know.

In looking around, it appears that I have a number of symbols with the problem. Some are 11/01/17 and some are 11/03/17. It would take a while to clear all of them and then add them and the charts back in. Probably 90 minutes or so. Can't do that during the trading day.

Unless clearing the data on all symbols is an operation that can be done in one go without wiping the charts and portfolio data out.

Clearing the data does not delete the symbols from the portfolios. It would just clear the quote data and chart data, but that can be backfilled.  You can do it per portfolio or globally.

Per portfolio - Clear button on top of the portfolio, (MAIN tab)

Globally - Clear Intraday data button on the dashboard.