Medved Trader Forums

Shares Outstanding column

BlueCollarDayTrading

I use Yahoo Finance for Historical Backfill. On the web page it shows shares outstanding, however it does not populate that column in the watchlist. I have also tried Google finance, TDA and IB with no luck. Is there anyway to get this info to fill because I do not trade low float stocks and shares outstanding is good enough unless you can make a float column and have it update which is on Yahoo FInance webpage

• 1 year later...

Jerry, just noticed that problem myself, on a watchlist only a fraction of the symbols had shrs out listed - swapped to using Yahoo as data source, then Ally, and they all filled in except a few - one ETN, one ETF, one CEF, and one stock - I can understand possible issues with ETNs/ETFs as shrs out fluctuate, but I went to the Ally website, looked up quotes for the CEF and it shows shrs out, but MT can't see it for some reason. Not a huge issue, just weird that Yahoo and Ally show shrs out for all four if you go to their webpages but MT can't download the data.

A bit of confusion - I didn't mean the symbol CEF, I meant a Closed End Fund, actual symbol that won't load shrs out is PCI. Don't know what you mean by " are you using regular Ally Invest or MBT" - if you're asking how I'm fetching quotes in MT, it's Ally Invest at the moment (sometimes use TDA so I can trade from within MT).

Ally Invest has two different systems. Regular "Ally Invest" and "Ally Invest for MBT". Which one do you have selected in MT. I checked and you are using regular Ally Invest. It should get the shared outstanding. If it does not, please indicate exactly which symbols it is not working for.

• 1 year later...

Jerry, added some new ETFs on a watchlist and having the same problem, Ally isn't giving shrs out for them - ARKQ, MINT, QYLD, TQQQ, and YYY - logged in to my Ally account and their quotes page shows the correct shrs out for them - TDA shows MC but not shrs out - can you get these addressed like last time? TIA