Medved Trader Forums

Pre loaded layouts for new users

merlin8121

Question

14 answers to this question

I start using medved last week and it was a love at first sight..

Would love to see th work space/layout available asap.

and another request I have is the short cut for 2 min frequency candle.

• I would rather have ctrl+2 for 2 min candle rather 3 min.

• Or you can provide the functionality to modify these shortcuts.

That would be fantastic add on.

Regards,

Umesh

Hello Jerry,

I agree I can save my layout..

But what I used it is the work space area, where I can customized it with the desired windows I want, and this give me the functionality to move the whole work space and replicate it across various screen as I want.

In case of layouts, I can only move the individual window, rather the whole layout...which is kind of inconvenient.

Would love to have work space area, similar as IB and multicharts,

Thanks,

Umesh

that is a different issue.  We are not going to have container windows such as the ones you mentioned for a simple reason that unlike those programs and most others, in MT each window is in its own thread, which has significant performance benefit. In order to do container windows, all the windows must be running in the same thread.  The performance benefit outweighs the convenience.  I may be able to do something like add an option to move all windows from one monitor to another. 

Hi Jerry  I see your concern about the container windows..

I hav two main concerns while using individual windows/threads...

When I zoom in my portfolio windo it gows being other open windows and I have to move the other windows in order to resize as seen in below screen.

Also I can not bring it front using the provided option...

image.thumb.png.7b43e9a88c17c773c78386ce9c949896.png

Portfolio - you can bring it to front if you change your settings. On SETTINGS / APPLICATION / GENERAL  there is a checkbox for "Child Windows on Top. If you uncheck that, then you will be able to bring portfolios to front (will want to restart MT after making the change)

NOTE: If you do that, you would really want to also make sure that you do check the boxes for separate task bar icons for windows.. Otherwise, you will lose them.

2 min frequency - not something that will be added soon. You can hit CTRL+0 and set custom frequency to 2. Then in the future you can switch to it without having the popup for entering custom frequency by hitting CTRL+=