Medved Trader Forums

Question regarding wasted space on windows/layouts

Jason

Hello, I'm brand new to Medved Trader but have been poking around with it for a bit trying to see how I can reduce the space used by the windows for my layout. When I open any window, for a chart, level II, etc. at the top of each window there is a quick access bar and below that there are tabs such as Main/View/Draw/Trading in a chart window. Is there any way to condense these options into a drop-down menu that can be expanded by clicking on an icon or label that lies in-line with the quick access buttons? If not, is there any other solution to reduce the space used by the windows? I am coming from IB and TWS and really need this space and as-is this extra line containing tabs is being duplicated across the entire window for every single window that I open.

If this isn't possible is there any way that I can integrate a chart from Medved Trader directly into a TWS layout? I think this is unlikely but the charts are terrible in TWS and if I can't find a way to retain the space I need in a MT layout then I'm looking for a way to combine just the charting functions of MT with the remainder of my TWS layout.

Thank you for any help

There's a button on the quick access Toolbar to entirely hide the ribbon toolbar. You can also toggle it with f11 key.

If you wish to keep the tabs but not have the ribbon shown all the time, you can just double click on the tabs to have them minimize the actual toolbar but leave the tabs visible