Medved Trader Forums

Creating quick alerts from a chart

Jason

Is there any way at all to create a quick alert from a chart? I mean for simple alerting on when the price hits a specified target? The way I trade involves watching multiple stocks and quickly setting price action alerts to stay on top of changes so I need to be able to quickly set alerts and move to another chart. In my previous charting software I could click a button on a chart and then simply place an alert with crosshairs. If I placed it above the current trading price it would set the alert to trigger if the stock price moved up to that point and vice versa if I placed it below the current price. Once placed, the alert would show as a horizontal line across the chart that I could then drag up or down. Of course the alert trigger price would track with the price column on the right hand side y-axis. It's an extremely powerful and intuitive way to quickly place simple alerts. Is there anything similar that can be achieved in MT? If not I'd like to feature request this. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to implement as the alert would obviously be for that stock symbol the chart is using.

Thanks.

MT has trendline alert  - you can either draw a trendline, then right click on it and make it an alert, or select TRENDLINE ALERT option on the DRAW tab and then just draw the alert right on the chart.

If you wish to draw a perfectly horizontal line, hold down the SHIFT while drawing.  Don't have to though. the alerts can be on diagonal lines as well. Makes it kind of interesting :)

If you use that frequently, you may want to add the Trendline alert option to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) so you don't have to have the ribbon toolbar open all the time. Right click on the button and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar", then hide the ribbon.