Medved Trader Forums

Trade Ticket Quantity not working

BlueCollarDayTrading

• 4 weeks later...

This issue is still there I think I realize how it happens

If I click on a stock in a watchlist that has and it fills in my trade ticket it will fill the quantity correctly.

If I put in a stock symbol from a scanner that I use from IB TWS that I have not had data streaming prior it just keep the quantity that it previously had

For example I seen that in a watchlist the symbol YY comes up as a scan alert and I click on it and it populates in m Trade Ticket, Historical chart, Intraday 5 minute chart, Level 2, and populates the quantity on the Trade Ticket as 300 shares according to the settings I have

Then I have a stock popup in a Market Scanner I use from IB TWS on a stock that has not had data streaming and I enter the symbol into the chart linked to my Trade Ticket and it takes a moment to backfill intraday data for example RIOT which is a $27 dollar stock as opposed to YY that is $121 stock, the 300 share quantity will remain. I have to enter YY symbol again and then RIOT and the Quantity will then change to 1000 shares.

So this happens when a symbol is not having data streaming and the quantity does not wait until the backfill is complete best I can see, this happen every time I look at a symbol I do not have in a watchlist with datafeed

Hope this is clear what I am seeing happen

the problem there is that the QTY is defaulted based on price. However, at the time the trade ticket is switched to the symbol in your example, MT doesn't have a price for it (the quotes are subscribed asynchronously), so the QTY is left unchanged. 

not sure if I will be able to do anything about it.  Will see.