Medved Trader Forums

Is it possible to send orders using IB's algorithms?

Jason

When trading through IB's TWS I will sometimes use their IBALGO Adaptive instead of a simple MKT order. This can save a considerable amount of money in many cases by providing me with better fills. Is there any way to specify this through Medved Trader? I would think the only difference from a platform standpoint would be sending the order to IBALGO Adaptive instead of SMART or INET which I see as the only options in MT. But recent discussions have revealed my tendency to overestimate their API so...

Also, what is INET anyway? I have not been able to find information on it.

Thanks!

Yes. Ideally I would be able to select IBALGO Adaptive as the Default Route under Order Settings and there would a drop down menu selection box for either "Patient", "Normal", or "Urgent". Then in the order ticket window IBALGO would be selectable from the drop down list including SMART, et. al. For IB at least straight MKT orders can produce terrible fills. Often when I am trading I can be dealing with a considerable spread in a market where the price action isn't moving too quickly. The adaptive algorithm spends slightly more time trying to execute the order at a better price point within the spread whereas with the straight MKT order IB can send the order to execute right on the bid for a short or right on the ask for the long. Even if I make, say, $600 on the trade $50 or $100 lost in slippage is brutal.

Would you at least consider adding this capability at some point?