Medved Trader Forums

Hi Jerry,

Two quick questions. In regards to using Pace (intraday) on the scanner I want it to match the Pace that is displayed on the intraday chart. But I can't see the parameters that it's using. Can you please provide them so I can set the scanner to match.

Also in the scanner if set it to Pace crosses above 50 would that alert me to when the Pace went over 50% or would that 50 be indicating something different?

Right so the pace that can be used with the scanner is the exact same one as the enabled indicator that shows up below the chart. But is the pace that can be enabled on the daily chart under view>options>pace shows a different number then the indicator.

What parameters is the view>options>pace using? Because I can't get the enabled Pace indicator to match the Pace on the daily charts.
Can the view>options>pace be used with the scanner? If not can it be easily added?
If not the scanner can view>options>pace be added as a column on the portfolio screen?

I find that view>options>pace to be quite helpful when used in combination with an EMA and Macd crossover to catch momentum swings. The Pace lets me know there is a ton of volume coming into that stock. I"m screening hundreds of stocks at a time so adding Pace to it would help me lower the amount of false alerts I get.

Thanks

I've been fiddling around with the parameters of the pace indicator and can't seem to get it to match up with the view able pace on the chart. And even when I get it close and set it as default for all my charts when I open a different chart for a different symbol the two numbers are way off.

Would it be alot of hassle to add the options> view> pace as a select-able column for the portfolio screen?

Hey Mike,

As you can see below the pace% displayed on the chart for XXII here is 46% but the indicator below which I have at defaults shows 101. The second pick is the paintbar scan I'm trying to do. Basically I want to screen out anything that is not trading above the 50% pace that is displayed on the chart. I only want to be alerted for big volume coming in after an EMA crossover. How can I get the indicator on the bottom to match the one on the chart so I can use it effectively in the scanner?

1z32kc0.jpg

flkb9f.jpg

6 hours ago, Soundwave401 said:

Hey Mike,

How can I get the indicator on the bottom to match the one on the chart so I can use it effectively in the scanner?

On my chart the top Pace is using a 9 period.  If you want to change the top Pace put your mouse over it and right click to change it.  The bottom Pace looks like it is default at 20 period. If I change the bottom one to 9 it shows 26.4238 where the top one shows 26%. Hope that helps.

Edited by L W
  • Thanks 1