Medved Trader Forums

STockwatch news feed data

makincash

Hi,

I have a subscription to Stockwatch which is setup in MedVed for News.  I previously had Google finance and Yahoo setup.  Question 1: Is there a way to clear out historical news data from googl,e and Yahoo well I am troubleshooting?

Stockwatch news data shows up if I go to the All News section, however if I go to the Symbol news and cick on  ACB.TO, Weed.TO, etc I only see the google and yahoo data.  

If I scroll through the all news feed I see ACB.CA with a stockwatch news item. If I right click on it and go to news for ACB.CA the symbol news window opens and I see the news item from stockwatch with the other yahoo and google news items.  Note: the symbol the news is showing up for is ACB.CA not ACB.TO.  ACB.TO is where my data feed data displays.

If I now close all news windows and go back to Symbol news, I see no stockwatch news items for either ACB.TO (shows google and Yahoo news) or ACB.CA (is empty).

ACB was just one example but it happens with other symbols as well.

Any ideas?

Jeff

@makincash - sorry for the delay. A bit swamped this year :)

I checked here and everything is OK. Pretty sure the key is that you are not using MT symbol format. You have to sue ACB:CA not ACB.CA.  please change ALL instances of the symbols where you use a period as a separator, and then restart MT and let me know if it fixes the issue.

MJN - I checked. MJN:CA should work as well as MJN:V (use CA - better)

News - I checked with MJN:CA and when I brought up the symbol news, MT got the news history and showed a bunch of news items. Are you not seeing that? If still a problem, I will need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add the Post URL in the comment.  Do not check any check-boxes.

ok, first of all, if you have multiple entries, only ONE will get the quotes. stop the quotes remove all MJN except :CA one

then, once you do that, right click on MJN:CA and select NEWS. When the screen comes up, it should fill in with headlines after a second.  Reason is - MT gets streaming news, which applies only while MT is running. But if you open symbol specific news, MT requests the history for that symbol right at that time. 

Tried it.  Removed all MJN symbols.  Quit the app.  Added MJN:CA.  No data.  Quit the app and restarted.  still no data. Screen shot attached. Tried news as well from the MJNA:CA symbol with no data and no news at all either. Only way I can get data for TSX venture seems to be to enter the symbol MJN.VN.  FYI my data souce is currently questrade.

Jeff

5a5f98834cb4b_2018-01-1710_39_13-Main-MedvedTrader-(18-01-1713_39_14)(PressF1forhelp).thumb.png.3c76195bb637d3ff0d575650f46b212f.png5a5f9897bc13d_2018-01-1710_40_11-MJN_CANews.0Storiesshown-MedvedTrader.thumb.png.106d0be7bb803148e0429e68b41dc7fd.png