Medved Trader Forums

Unable to bring Watchlist to front

mosheikh1996

that means bring to front of other windows, but only ones it can bring to front of. If you have 2 portfolio windows, it would bring it to front of the other.  By default charts and other "Child" windows are on top of Portfolio windows. You can change the functionality on SETTINGS / APPLICATION / GENERAL though if you turn off that option, I would suggest turning on the one for separate task bar icons for all windows. Otherwise, you lose the windows

Jerry, finally moved over to a Win10 machine, Vista PC died on Sunday - and in Win10 MT runs very differently - when you left click on the MT tab in the TaskBar there is no option to "Bring to Front" - what I see is the four different portfolios I have open, and clicking on one only brings that window to the front - is this behavior caused by Win10? I use a taskbar manager app, same one I used on the Vista PC, and this problem didn't exist on that PC.

don't know about task bar manager apps. and it sounds like you have the task bar set to group the icons. If you want separate icons, change the task bar settings to ungroup.

There is a bring to front option on the right click of the MT icon on the notification tray.

As for bringing all windows to front, that is what is supposed to happen unless you have that functionality off. Send me your settings so I can check (via HELP menu)

Ah, you're right - I do have the taskbar manager set to group similar tabs to save space - was forced to do that because Win10 won't let me change the fix the size of the taskbar tabs like Vista did, when too many tabs are open it automatically shrinks the icons to tiny ones I can't read instead of going to multiple rows like Vista allowed you to do. Anyway, just discovered a fix for the group tabs issue - if I right click on the MT tab I see three things - pin to taskbar, close all windows, and the 3rd is just the MT icon - clicking on that opens all windows like the old Vista "restore all windows" command did. For those unhappy with default Win10 taskbar options/behavior, the app I use is "7+ Taskbar Tweaker" - pretty cool piece of software (if you don't forget how you set it up, duh!).

BTW, I posted several times here over the last few weeks about "Previous Volume" not filling in anymore - they were in some old threads, so you probably didn't see them - doesn't matter which data source I choose for real time or historical backfill, nothing gives me previous day's volume - I know this worked sometime back, perhaps before a new version of MT came out - any ideas what's causing this issue?