Medved Trader Forums

Intraday chart not updating

I have three charts open with TWTR symbol. I am using TD Ameritrade for data feed. two of these charts are not updating and 1 is updating real time. The two that are not updating, if I slide the time back and then forward it will update the chart but not continue updating. IF I change the symbol to another in my watch list the chart will not update. I have to close the chart and open another intraday chart, and sometime I have to due these more than one to get it to update.

No the scroll bar does not have a red outline. Just now I was short ABBV and then I tried to flatten the trade with the flatten action button and it would not work so I used Buy Ask action button to close the trade. I now notice that the chart is no longer updating. I brought up ABBV on another chart and it is updating. I am using TD Ameritrade for datafeed and IB for broker.

• Thanks 1

if it is updating on one chart window but not another, then the issue is definitely not the datafeed. It is the chart settings. I need to get the settings to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add the Post URL in the comment along with which chart I should be looking at..  Do not check any check-boxes.

I think this happens on some charts when I use the Flatten Action button. I did it on two trades today and one of the charts stopped updating. 

Here are two charts, the one on the left I did not use the flatten button and the right chart I did. No matter what symbol I type in it will not update.

Screenshot_1.png

I should have been more specific - by recreating, I meant us recreating on our system, not you. We narrowed it down to a general area that is causing the issue, but having a problem identifying specifics since it doesn't happen here. I will try again. What broker are you using?