Medved Trader Forums

Trade XYZ Bug

ydfah

On my main portfolio window I have it separated into different accounts using the sub-total (- - -) feature. The problem I'm having is when I go to execute a trade (CTRL+T) of something I'm holding in more than one account. For example I might have 3,000 shares of XYZ in my first account, then below the sub-total line for that section I might have 5,000 shares of XYZ. The same symbol is listed on the 2 rows with the corresponding number of shares, price paid, commission, etc. information.

Now if I highlight the second row with the 5,000 shares and hit CTRL+T the trade ticket window pops up with the 3,000 shares listed from the other row instead of the 5,000 shares from the row I have selected. Sometimes when I've had to execute a trade rather quickly this has caused my order to be rejected since the amount of shares doesn't match what I'm holding in the selected account.

Is the account that is on the trade ticket when the trade is initially filled in the one that has the 3K or 5K?

On the SETTINGS / TRADING /ACCOUNTS - select the account in question and look at the QUANTITY tab. Which boxes are selected for "Use Portfolio Position" and "Use Account Position"?

Regardless of any row selected it is always the second account listed in the dropdown box on the trade ticket, which is also the default account I used to login to TDA for streaming quotes and news. In the above example it would be the account holding the 5,000 shares. But I have always had to select the correct account, all I'm looking for is for the trade ticket window to auto-fill the number of shares from the selected highlighted row, or even the row I right click to select "Trade XYZ".

For all accounts only the "Use Portfolio Position" box is checked. The "Use Account Position" box is not checked for any account. I played with this yesterday and did check the "Use Account Position" box on all account while leaving the "Use Portfolio Position" boxes checked but it made no difference.

FYI...I just changed my default account in the setting and now when I open a trade ticket my first account is now listed in the dropdown box, whereas before my second account always was. So it seems it's the default account selected that always shows up in the dropdown box on the trade ticket.

Okay I'm okay with how the accounts selection works, that really is a non-issue for me. But what is it going to take to get the shares held transferred from the portfolio cell over to the trade ticket cell? That's the one that has cost me $$ more than once.

Edited by ydfah