Medved Trader Forums

oscillators as a function of time

gidielle

Question

7 answers to this question

Open two chart of the same symbol, with the same oscillator, one "candlestic", an an other "tick candlestic" (or volume, range, renko, p&f).

Image to take the oscillator of the "candlestic chart" and put it in the "tick candlestic chart", so you can see the same oscillator how it change with the ticks and in the time.

this is my idea.

There is a problem with your suggestion - the coordinates of points on "candlestick" charts do not match the coordinates of points on "tick candlestick" charts. The "candlestick" charts are time-based, with X chart representing time smoothly. The others are not time-based, so matching a point on one with a point on the other is non-trivial. It is done in the case of non-time-based charts' annotation anchor points, but it is done by jumping through hoops and cannot be done efficiently enough to run thousands of points through it.

I know it is non-trivial, but I believe it can be no so difficult.

For example you have a chart set to 100 ticks and want the oscillator "F" set to 5 min:

- MT calculates the oscillator "F" with the time set to 5min, so you have for every "t" an "F(t)"

- MT takes the time of Bar Close for every candle in the tick candlestic chart, t*, so has an F(t*) for every candle and can design the oscillator how it does.

thank you 

Everything is possible :) The two questions are: whether it can be done efficiently, and whether there is demand for it or whether it is industry standard. Frankly, I have never seen this done anywhere, and one of the reasons probably is that it cannot be done efficiently and would drastically slow the chart down on which it was applied...

Maybe we will revisit this later when MT is in production.