Medved Trader Forums

email alerts

Hi, I was looking over the alerts section and was surprised to see no notifications with the alert-to-email option. I do wonder if this would be possible through the Medved API somehow? For example as soon as the scanner brings up a result then it pings a notification to the api and then I could use a secondary source to send the email notification? I am not seeing how this would be possible currently.

It's on our todo list and we will work on this soon. Main problem is that most people do not have a good SMTP server to send email through, or don't know how to set one up, and renting one for this purpose is a bit expensive for us for the volume of emails that is possible. We're resolving this issue. May limit the # of emails sent from a non-subscribed account, for example.

I have been a big fan of QuoteTracker even before the Ameritrade acquisition.  There is limited support for crypto in the marketplace, and I'm very happy to discover through BitcoinTalk that you guys are taking this step forward.

Regarding email alerts, if users have a Gmail account (and for those who don't, they should get one), they can send email through their Gmail accounts with Google's SMTP servers for free.  There is a lot of resources online to show people how this can be done.  Like this one to enter Gmail SMTP info into any email app

Simply adding these email configuration settings to Medvedtrader should be quick and easy.

• 11 months later...

Hi there

Thought Id jump here in here as well,   Just finished  doing some simple  scan/paintbars and this is really nice.  The only thing missing is the ability to end a email  to our 3commas account so we can trigger  a buy that has  trailing profit.  I see its in the prebuilt alerts but not  scan/paintbar

were a  niche hosting company for  the textile industry  so mailservers arent an issue

thanks

MIke

think IM missing a step.  I added the paintbar to the chart.  I created the paintbar using the simple mode and checked the  Alert  box and gave it a name

But I dont see any place that allows me to edit that alert on the chart?

The end goal is to be able to send a custom email message with remote trading ommands

MOber, the point of you giving the alert a name is so that you can set up notifications for that alert later. When you place the paintbar (or any other indicator) on the chart, you can edit its parameters by clicking on its legend in the chart. Once the parameter popup opens for the paintbar, you will see the Alert you set up. You can turn it on/off or set up its notification options there.

Thanks  I was completely overlooking  the Alert edit in the lower left  in params sorry.  Are there plans to allow a custom message text for a given chart. Taht would allow us to send  commands based on a given chart

thanks

Mike

You can do all kinds of customization in the message. When you open the notifications dialog, there is a second tab there called "Note". Switch to that, make it something other than "Not Change" and right-click to insert all kinds of info about the symbol, its price etc. [DESC] will contain the original alert note passed from the alert itself.

Been working on this to send  commands to 3commas.  Seems they ar egetting rejected though because there is extra text (and some formatting they said) when they receive it

Ive done the replace in my version. I noticed if I send it to myself I get:

Now is the time

To unsubscribe from emails from mikeo@quiltropolis.net, click here

A couple extra line feeds and the unsub message at the bottom.  is it possible to eliminate these(Im guessing your going thru an exchange or office 365 mailserver.

Also Is it possible to just use our own mailservers?  (we do that for a living)

thanks

Mike

Mike,

the unsubscribe text gets added by our server. When Selecting to share via email you can select to use "Medved Trader Servers" or you can use your own, if it is supported. We didn't add a general email setup - becomes a nightmare for the endusers. Instead we have stuff preconfigured for the most common ones and tie it to your login email into MT. in your case, it is a local hosting company and was not setup.  You could change your email on your MT account to a Gmail account for example, in which case the "Using" server option would become available and then the unsubscribe would not be added

Also, a bit surprised that the trading bot you use that accepts email for the commands does not allow some sort of start/end text, so that if you needed to send: {some json code here}

you could send:
 ===== START====
{some json code here}

===== END====

and it would only look at text between the start/end tags

thanks I'll try the gmail route then,  yes I was as well since they have  their command  enclosed by { }  but I guess they didnt take it all the way

but they have a nice set of commands to control the bots. I actually use them mostly as a one run bot thats preconfigured  for a trailing sell/buy. We were using TV  but  MT has a much better selection of how we can trigger them

thanks

MIke

Ok that has removed the  unsub footer that was showing up.  Looks like there  are some beginning cr/lf 's though as well still.

Here's a copy of an email to myself (asterisk added to show beginning)

{  "message_type": "bot",  "bot_id": 371673,  "email_token": "a7f2f18f-0b8f-49c7-ae3f-4b839f391399",  "delay_seconds": 0,  "action": "start_bot"}

Any chance a future release

would do a replace text with an exact match or maybe Im not doing it correctly?

thanks

Mike

gmail security - you should not have to lower the security level. Instead, you should be able to create an App Specific Password for use in MT:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

linefeeds - that really should not impact anything. You are sending JSON. linefeeds or other white space do not break the spec and should not interfere with the JSON string being parsed. Is the bot actually choking on this?

Morning

Im at a bit of a loss as I cant see the logs or code from either side so here's what I think might be happening.  it appears it might revolve the content type setting of the email encapsulation.  When I send one from MT to myself I see its using  base64 encoding and these always fail his parser

If I send a cert signed email from my outlook it fails. If I send it  content:plaintext  its ok

If I send it from Gmail plain text its ok

So the Base64 encoding  may be whats causing it to fail