Medved Trader Forums

Option Pricing in portfolio

kalmen

You can include anything in the portfolio. If the quote source you use supports them, then they will get quotes, be it stocks, options, futures, currencies, Future Options, Mutual Funds, etc.

Just make sure you use the MT symbol format.  And for options, MT has an option selector that you can use instead of manually typing in the symbol

I was trying to enter it from the option chain and was off base as I couldn't find the link chain.THANK YOU as I am OK again!!  I guess it's shame on me as I have used your system since 2008 (?) primarily to consolidate and follow all my securities from many brokers and accounts.   More importantly, I use the ALERT function, which far surpasses any alert system of any brokerage I have ever used......and I have used a lot. I do realize I use but a very small percentage of the power that lies within your MT platform and would probably be amazed at what could be done with it!  Only recently did I start to even use the portfolio function and it is a nice one too!

I intend to stay with MT for the foreseeable and sure do appreciate your help and input on simple/stupid matters such as this one was.....................

Options

Prefixed by a period (.) - these should be entered in MT through the Option Chain Input - by clicking on the and choosing the right option symbol on the input dialog that pops up.

You can use the full option chain window to get the symbols to the portfolio as well. You can just drag/drop the symbols from there to the portfolio. NOTE: since the option chain window does not show the actual option symbols, you have to drag the little area on the LEFT side of each option