Medved Trader Forums

CommSec AU - Options, etc

Jerry Medved

We have configured CommSec (Australia) for stocks (possibly indices, not sure) and Level II quotes.

I believe CommSec supports options and futures.  I do not know the symbols or symbol formats in order to configure them.  

If you know the options and futures symbols:

1) Please try them in the regular WatchList on the site (NOT the new one) and confirm that they work there

2) let me know what the symbols are so I can check

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry

I noticed an oddity in MT. I use Commsec for data and I noticed that the Prv Cls column was not showing any data - then I inadvertently discovered that if I opened the level II data for a symbol then the Prv Cls data for that symbol appeared in the portfolio screen. So I did the same for all my symbols in the portfolio and the data appeared. All a bit odd. I don't know if tomorrow there will be no Prv Cls data in the portfolio screen.

I see.  Level II quotes actually provide both Level I and II, so I have MT read both, but the quote page for Level II has Previous Close / Change specified differently and on the regular Level I, I didn't handle it right. Just fixed.

Please select HELP / Check Updates. Get whatever update.  Then restart MT, EVEN IF NOTHING WAS UPDATED.

Let me know after the restart if it now works OK without having to open the Level II window (try on some symbol that was not in the system before)