Medved Trader Forums

Added new column - Expiration

Jerry Medved

• 2 months later...

regular option quotes work now. We just don't have option chains yet.  you would want to use MT's symbol format for options. For example:

.AAPL_140118C300

the period indicates it is an option. The rest is

[RootSymbol]_[Year][Month][Day][C or P][strike Price]

Year, Month, and Day have to be 2 digits.

There is a bug that I just found in AMTD option handling where you basically would not get quotes. I just fixed that. Will be in the next update. Other datafeeds should work though. If not, let me know

that is great, Jerry, to be able to enter options into MT 'manually' for tracking in a portfolio, thank you...i won't forget the leading (.)

nearest expiration options now will show up top in a portfolio sorted by the expiration field, yaaay, great feature

<note the current feed from AMTD never has priced weekly options correctly leading to the final days of expiration, in QT>

p.s. do you think a couple additional forum topics would help us average troops? i could fill a whole chapter of 'dumb questions' all by myself. likely it would grow into a knowledge base, well, if the rocket scientists in the community answered them. how do i present my outline in this regard, about the topics and such, being they are diverse, top-down and bottom-up?

thank you,

pawn0015

We plan to add full option chains as well as the mini chain just for selecting a symbol, but not till later. And would want it to work with multiple brokers, not just TDA as it did with QT

Forums - yes, been suggested, but just have not gotten to it.  Also have Wiki, but have not decided how/if we will use that.