Medved Trader Forums

StandardError

Question

Amazing product.  From a charting perspective, it's as good as, if not better than QT.  I can't wait to see the alerts module.  Hopefully, we will have automated trading, backtesting and optimization too.  Thank you, Jerry. You have so far made it simple and easy to set up a data feed, chart and add indicators.  I'm sure the strategy development and alerts module will be just as formidable. 

24 answers to this question

Great alert feature from QT:

- Scrolling alert.log file to view alerts BUT needed the chart to be open(and then minimized) for the ticker for the paintbar alerts to fire.

Would like to see paintbar alerts on a portfolio(or group/bucket of stocks) without having to run a chart window for each of the ticker.

• Like 1

Thank you for implementing the (very flexible) alert feature.

I do find that it is cumbersome in dealing with large numbers of symbols and alerts, and I propose an alternate UI to access at least a subset of the alerts functionality.

One disadvantage of the current implementation is that when multiple alert conditions are set up for a single-symbol alert, each condition must be accessed/edited separately. So for example if I have alerts on both bid and ask, I cannot see the threshold for the bid when I am editing the threshold for the ask. The more criteria one specifies, the more confusing things get with having to remember what the thresholds are, or keep switching back to the ones needed for reference.

As an alternative, I propose a simple grid UI from which 90% of alert functions can be accessed directly. This could be an additional UI that supplements rather than replaces the existing alerts editor. My proposal has the additional advantage that quote information could be used to directly create thresholds via drag/drop.

Here is a mashup done with Excel, to show what it may look like:

kt6G6rS.png

Yes and How?

I read the help file and it indicates a Manage Chart Paintbars selection is in the Settings tab of the Dashboard but I don't have one (rev: 1.1.1271.2050) and that I should get to a Paintbar List Manager but can only find the Paintbar Editor using the Manage Paintbars Tile in the Dashboard.

Edited by DavidE
More info