Medved Trader Forums

Portfolio window, ribbon> View> Chart Period

way

Concerning stocks/trading items in a portfolio list window. What is the Chart Period under View for? If you select an individual stock (highlight) from the list and click View>Chart Period and change the time period to anything nothing happens. At first I thought it may be a global thing, setting all charts to the selected time period. I guess I don't see a reason for Chart Periods in the portfolio list ribbon.

thanks

............Was wondering what it was called. I was thinking maybe, Portfolio Record, Portfolio Sheet, Portfolio Matrix, I wan't sure. Quote grid perfect! Learned a double on that question.

That "Grid" is not the correct word. A Grid is simply parallel lines crossing each other forming squares or rectangles.

This is called Chart.  A Chart is made of rows and columns to tabulate data.   In the Wallstreet,  some ignorant  traders started to use the wrong word, "Chart" for Graphs and everybody is repeating that mistake.

The correct word for that window is Portfolio Chart, where it is tabulating the data.

yes, but using the word "Chart" for that would be way way too confusing.

QuoteGrid was actually just an internal name I happened to be using, so it stuck

You had to make up a word for it, because the real word, "Chart"  is misused by other people in the Wallstreet,   So, when the real word is gone, you scrambled for a word to call it.  That is why you made up a compound word “Quote Grid”.  

I can see the other gentleman also scrambling for a name like, " Portfolio Record, Portfolio Sheet, Portfolio Matrix", so on.

I can see everybody is struggling for a name for the real charts because it is misused by others.

In your software, if you use correct word Graph for graphs, Chart for anything with tabular columns for data entry,  you can name those windows as Portfolio Chart and  Watchlist Chart.  There will be no confusion.

If anybody is confused, then let them learn it correct way from you.