Medved Trader Forums

Chart Frequency Hot Keys

PaulDee

Hi

I am not sure of the relevance or importance but since the last update to Version 1.0.4792.1833, when opening a chart and using the hot keys to change the chart frequency (for example from 15 min to 30 min using Ctrl+6 on the numeric keypad), I have noticed that nothing happens.

Once I have clicked focus on to the actual chart instead of the title bar or ribbon, the hot keys affect the chart frequency correctly.

Using the FREQ drop down affects the chart frequency correctly regardless of whether the focus is on the title or chart.

Please advise when you have a moment.

Cheers

Update...I noticed another anomaly of sorts and although not significantly important, since you mentioned that the issue was not just charts, I thought it was worth bringing to your attention.

When I adjust the intraday chart display size for number of hours by clicking and dragging the thumb resize handle on the scroll bar or dragging the thumb along the scroll bar, using the hot keys to change the chart frequency has no effect until after clicking back on the chart.

I'll let you decide the importance of whether this requires attention.

Cheers

Sorry, no, I put that incorrectly...what I meant was that when I switch frequencies from say 15 mins to 60 mins it brings more data onto the chart showing more days.

Does that sound right?

Ahhh, OK, if I set the period on the chart to 4 days instead of 200 bars, for example (I'm not sure how that got there as I use the scroll bar for showing different amounts of chart data), it displays the correct period for whichever frequency I select.

In other words, using the chart period of hours or days (instead of bars) displays the same number of hours or days on the chart regardless of which frequency you select. So, a chart of 4 days at 15 mins would still show 4 days when selecting 60 mins as the frequency.

However, when displaying a chart of 200 bars at 15 mins for example (about 8 days), switching to a frequency of 60 mins will still display 200 bars but span the chart over some 30 days or so, since each bar is now 60 mins in duration.

Therefore, I answered my own question but thought it might be worth noting for anyone else who's interested...or has accidentally switched the chart period to bars instead of hours.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers