Medved Trader Forums

Connecting Portfolio and Charts

Xinfinitum

Hi,

I looked the forum over but couldn't find anything about this.

In the old QT the Portfolio Screen and the Charts were connected together (perhaps by default),

so that if I minimized my Portfolio screen all the charts went with it and maximizing it again brought it all back up.

This enabled me to quickly bring up everything at once, quickly scan my charts then push it down (minimize) to do other things.

I tried the pins thing but that didn't seem to connect the chart to the portfolio page for minimizinf/maximizing.

Is it possible to still do the above on MT?

Thanks,

Xin

in QT, the main portfolio window was the "Main" window in the program so when you minimized it, everything minimized.

in MT, the main window is the Dashboard and you have an option to either minimize it alone or all windows. The Minimize All button is the hideous looking thing directly to the left of the minimize button on the dashboard. 

The Minimize All button is the hideous looking thing directly to the left of the minimize button on the dashboard. 

I'll jump in here to mention that frequently, when I click on the Minimize All button, it does not work - nothing happens. When I switch to another running program, and then go back to MT by clicking on title bar of any MT window, then clicking on the Minimize All functions as expected. (I had previously reported this in a Bug thread, and it's still happening.)