Medved Trader Forums

Google Backfill Glitch

inspired

The two historic data sources for  Australian Stock Exchange listed stocks  are Google, and Yahoo.  Yahoo is  very wrong with some of its data, so I use Google.  

However, a glitch in Google data occurred on July 30, 2014. For the day's low price for many stocks, the decimal point has been shifted to the left, so, for example, $39.63 becomes $0.39.  This is playing havoc with charts which show that day as a massive plunge and the candle chart reduces to an unintelligible horizontal line with a long down spike on July 30.

I have to call up historic data, scroll down to July 30, and delete the offending day altogether--every time I open a chart.

Is there any way in doing this once only, locking in either a manually edited correct data for that day, or locking in the  data with the day deleted once and for all?

Over several weeks I have brought it to Google finance's attention but no replies to  my feedback, no correction.