Medved Trader Forums

Charts: indicator quick-hide

vrtrader64

Question

Right now we can click to select trendlines, and use right-click menu (or 'Del' key) to delete them. This is good.

Can you apply the same trick to make it easier to Hide indicators ? (Left/right click to select; right click menu, or 'H' key shortcut to Hide.)

Also, a couple pet peeves about the "edit indicators" dialog :

1) it uses a huge window that can obscure an entire chart; please make the window smaller.

2) in the right pane, it requires a left-click to first select an indicator, followed by a right-click to access the menu - could you change it so the right-click selects the entry *and* brings up the menu ? Save mouse clicks!

3) could you give the Hide/Show action immediate effect (not require "Apply") ? 

Thanks as usual for considering my suggestions and once again, let me know if I am throwing too many your way. I can dial it back.

18 answers to this question

Hide Indicators - you can right click on the indicator legend and select Delete or Hide now

Edit Indicators window is resizable. You can make it whatever size you want,

Left click + right click - will check on that. 

Cannot do immediate effect on the Edit Indicator screen - you can get that by right click on the indicator legend on the chart itself

Don't worry. We will let you know when we are ready to kill you :)

Not sure if this is where to handle this, but I'll give it a shot.

In the latest version of the production MT (version 1.0.5477.2237), we can either left-click or right-click indicators to open an indicator parameter window.

I like the ability to right-click on an indicator and edit its parameters. This takes 2 clicks (that's not too many clicks if you ask me.)

But, left-clicking take's just one click.  Will you be willing to change this - either to require more than 1 click or remove the ability to use left-clicking for this option:

I have mistakenly clicked on an indicator while trying to make a chart the active one and the edit parameters window comes up. This has happened a couple of times already and is distracting while in the middle of planning a quick scalp trade. Also, I'm afraid that one can mistakenly change the indicator parameter without realizing it. Thanks in advance.

thanks for the feedback. I was somewhat afraid of that.  We actually made the indicator detection less sensitive  than initially done - previously, if you had a shaded area between Bollinger bands for example, clicking on the shaded area would also trigger the editor. 

Will look at how to best handle take care of the issue.

Jerry

I have a suggestion to make things simpler/quicker :

On indicator legend, left-click to toggle indicator Show/Hide instead of bringing up menu; right-click brings up menu, with 1st entry "Edit Parameters" preselected (ready for user to click / press enter). This way you do not even need the Show/Hide entry in the right-click menu.

hmmm...I think when you are going to take the time to edit the indicator the extra time to hit enter on the preselected right-click would not be a big deal.

The bonus here is the extra speed in toggling on/off a bunch of indicators with minimal mouse movement/action. Think of rapidly moving across legend and clicking on/off the indicators you do/don't want to see.