Medved Trader Forums

annotation & draw tools

smtrader

Question

hi jerry:

will MT line draw tool be able to draw line extended beyond the last price bar on the daily, weekly, etc.  QT is able to extend the line beyond the last price bar only on intraday chart.

can the user set the font size of the text tool for the chart in MT, it is a guessing game on QT on how large the font will be and has to constantly adjust the text box to size them, even that, one does not know what the font size is.  In addition, QT shrink & expand the font size as the number of price bars on the chart are being increase or decrease, which is very annoying.  It will be good for MT to let the user select and fix the font size for the text in the text box for annotating the chart.

thank you for your consideration.

7 answers to this question

MT will let you extend the line beyond the last bar, but it does not currently have the option to show extra space to the right of the prices, so drawing beyond is of limited use

Text Size - it is dynamically sized, with the chart. Same as QT. Can't show font size since it is something that changes.  Will see if we can add fixed size

As for free form lines - aren't lines always free form?

yea, the proper name would probably be scribble :)  Thanks, I will use my screen annotation tool to do those illustration on the chart.  Is there a key shorcut for drawing an arrow.  I accidently discover by pressing the ALT key while drawing the line in QT will draw an arrow line.  Something similar to QT would be nice.