Medved Trader Forums

Charts

alextrader777

colors - you can go to SETTINGS / CHARTS / Color Sets screen. You cannot change the built in color sets, but what you can do is copy one and then edit the copy.  Give a name to the copied color set. Once done editing, change the color set on the chart to the one you just created.

As for portfolio, that is not the same thing - there is only one dashboard. There can be many portfolios.  May add the button somewhere on the ribbon though to find one or more. You would then be able to add it to the QAT

After I draw all the trend lines and moving averages, do I need to save the chart, or MT will remember all the drawings for the specific symbol?

How to share trend lines between Historical and Intraday charts?

Why do you separate Historical and Intraday charts, other programs have only one chart where I can change time frames from intraday to daily, weekly, etc., then trend lines are shared because it is the same chart?

everything is automatically saved. 

You cannot share trendlines between historical and intraday charts

Why separate - the internal data for the two is completely different. Also, we allow you to zoom in/out, etc without having to re-enter timeframes, in effect dynamically changing everything. That cannot span two completely different data sets. and there are significantly different restrictions for the two. Other platforms do not have the same level of flexibility, and therefore don't have the corresponding restrictions

Jerry

Then what is "Trendlines Unique per Chart" means in Settings?

I lost my trendlines when I unchecked this option.

And also lost trendlines on another occasion while playing with the charts.

It would be nice to make an additional saving of a layout and trendlines, indicators, etc. for a backup, in hte cases like these where I lost the information.

Lets say you have 2 intraday charts open for AAPL. One is 1 minute frequency and another for 15 min freq. 

If "Trendlines Unique per chart" IS NOT checked, then if you draw a line on one, it will also show up on the other. 

If "Trendlines Unique per chart" IS checked, then each chart will have it's own trendlines.

Changing that setting will likely lose trendlines.

As for losing them on other occasions, I would need more details.

MT does make automatic backup when it starts, so you can try restoring.

Markets just openned, but the Historical chart for SPY keeps showing the pre-market openning price.

And, Historical and Intraday charts are showing different openning price.

I also checked the Raw Data, and it shows 205.79 openning price, the same like Intraday chart.

Historical chart shows 206.4 openning price.

Another issue, why historical chart shows only 1 decimal at the price?

NOTE: the current version will probably only show one decimal digit, on the Y axis of the chart. Could that be the issue?  If not, then please do the following:

put the chart over the portfolio so both the chart and the quote is visible, take a screen shot.

go to FILE / HELP / Email Log/Settings to support to send the settings to us.  Add the screenshot to that email and send please.

I can then check the settings and see whats up. Email MT support. 

As for change - you can go to SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL and change the "Intraday Caption Style" to show different data. There are options there to show Change or Change %

if sending log via Yahoo, you would have to manually attach it.

NOTE: I misread the initial request.  If the issue is just the OPEN not updating on Hist chart as you expect, the issue is pretty straight forward.  If MT is set to show real-time updates on historical charts, then the last candle is built from the OPEN, HIGH, LOW, and LAST values that you see on the quote for the symbol. What you see on intraday charts or raw data is irrelevant. MT doesn't compute the open. It takes whatever value is in the OPEN field for the quote. If the datafeed has not updated the official open or is including data from premarket, then MT cannot do anything about that. If you don't want that, you can turn off real-time updates, but then not all datafeeds include the current, unfinished day in the historical data.

so the issue is with the IB feed?

it includes the pre-market opening price on the Daily Historical chart.

btw, after the new MT update:

1. the last price shows 2 decimals on the Y axis, but the rest of Y axis shows no decimals at all on the Hist charts, and only 1 decimal on Intraday chart.

2. the system was reset to show sub windows on top, so I had to uncheck it again to show portfolio on top.

Yes. don't know when IB updates the OPEN value and whether or not they send it only on initial quote or for already streaming stuff. If you see this tomorrow, hit STOP, then START on the portfolio that has the symbol and see if that causes the OPEN to update. 

The changes for the decimals only impact the current price indication on the Y axis, and the indicator values.  The labels on the grid lines are dynamically adjusted based on the size of the chart and the range of the data to be displayed. Otherwise, you would get into situations where there they would be drawn one on top of the other. 

In my Portfolio I have only SPY,, and the Source is IB.

But I opened new charts from the existing Hist and Intraday charts and changed the symbols without adding new symbols to portfolio.

Then, would the source still be IB?

So, for example in the Hist Chart, the Back Fill source is Google and the real time quotes is IB?

Can you also add "New Chart" and "New Indicator" buttons to Hist chart, the same like we have it for Intraday?

• 2 weeks later...

Portfolios Symbol entry is one symbol at a time, and you can enter details for each one, such as Quantity, amount paid, commission, purchase date, Notes. 

Watchlists are free form entry where you just enter a comma separated list of symbols (or space separated, or one per line, etc), and you can also edit the symbols on top of the grid window.  You cannot however enter details for each symbol.