Medved Trader Forums

Charts

alextrader777

How to bring ALL minimized Chart windows up with one click? Not one by one like I can do it from the Dashboard.

Not sure if same in Vista, but in Windows 8.1, you can also bring up all charts by right-clicking on the MT icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar and click "Restore all Windows"

Jerry, can you take a look at daily chart of "LOOK" ticker symbol?

No matter what backfill source I use, yahoo, google, IB, the Daily chart still gives me the wrong charting of the last 2 days.

If I go to yahoo website it gives me the correct daily charting.

Also compare few days intraday vs Daily for "LOOK"

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Last candle (current day) is a different story. If you have MT set to show real-time updates on historical charts (which is on by default), then the last candle is built from the intraday data - OPEN, HIGH, LOW and LAST.  That overrides whatever is returned for the current day from the historical data source. So look at what those fields have in your portfolio for SPY.

1. I have also MT set to show real-time updates on historical charts.

But it doesn't really matters, if the last daily candle is built from the intraday data then the intraday candles and historical candles should be showing the same values, which is not the case for the yesterday candles.

I'll quote my notes from yesterday:

But the last candle on the daily SPY has the High of 209.83 with both Google and IB feed. But on the intraday with IB feed, SPY has High of 208.81 today.

2. Yesterday candle is no longer being overrode by the intraday data, but still shows wrong values for the High of the Day.

It is probably carries some data from the premarket.

Historical - IB - previous day - when I backfill, I get 207.82.  Are you sure you cleared the data and backfilling with IB?

Historical - IB - current day - I get 207.39 as well IF I Uncheck the RTH option for stocks Hist backfill. With RTH, the backfill returns 207.32.

Intraday - I get 207.32 with IB backfill.  It happened right at the open, so if your data is RT, not backfilled, it may be slight time difference and shown before market open. Set your chart to show extended hours - do you see it then? or if you clear current day data and backfill?