Medved Trader Forums

After Hours Market, Exchange, Mid-Day Breaks, Price Labels

Lew Payne

A few problems, somewhat related...

Summary:  Inconsistent use of exchange.  The portfolio column "exchange" lists CMEMINI (for @ES#C), whereas the

"Charts / Timeframe" does not list it by the same name.  The closest match is "CME Globex."  I don't know if this is an oversight, or intended to be that way.

Summary:  Cannot add "Mid-day Breaks" to "Charts / Timeframes."  I had noticed that "CME Globex" listed "Active Market Hours" from 5:00 PM to 4:15 PM, with 1 break from 3:15 PM to 3:30 PM.  What about the break from 4:45 PM to 5:00 PM?

Summary:  As you watch @ES#C throughout the day, the graph begins to show a shaded section representing "after market" trading hours, which is very nice.  However, the shading disappears whenever you restart a graph (i.e., when historical data is requested for a backfill).

Summary:  The graph y-axis (price) labels seem to be missing.  It is difficult to estimate prices without incremental labels, or at least tick marks, present.  Please see the attached PNG screen capture. - could not find an attachment option, sorry.

Summary:  There is no way to see the pricing of prior tick bars on the graph.  Placing my cursor on the tick/bar of interest does not yield information about that tick/bar (i.e., OHLC or at least some price).

I'm also seeing IQfeed disconnect with a "multiple instances" warning today.  The only difference between today and yesterday is an update to Medved Trader.  I've not yet isolated this; it seemed to start doing it after playing with the "START/STOP" feed toggle button, which I've reported in another thread.

Thanks...

A few problems, somewhat related...

Summary:  Inconsistent use of exchange.  The portfolio column "exchange" lists CMEMINI (for @ES#C), whereas the

"Charts / Timeframe" does not list it by the same name.  The closest match is "CME Globex."  I don't know if this is an oversight, or intended to be that way.

JM -> This is not a bug. Timeframes and exchanges are not necessarily the same thing, and Timeframes are defined in MT, where as the exchange names come from the datafeeds and each one can return it's own for the same symbol

Summary:  Cannot add "Mid-day Breaks" to "Charts / Timeframes."  I had noticed that "CME Globex" listed "Active Market Hours" from 5:00 PM to 4:15 PM, with 1 break from 3:15 PM to 3:30 PM.  What about the break from 4:45 PM to 5:00 PM?

JM -> You cannot edit system timeframes. You can make a copy and edit the copy.  As for the other break - its implied that there is a break between 4:15 PM (end of one session) and 5:00 PM (start of another)

Summary:  As you watch @ES#C throughout the day, the graph begins to show a shaded section representing "after market" trading hours, which is very nice.  However, the shading disappears whenever you restart a graph (i.e., when historical data is requested for a backfill).

JM -> Not seeing it.  I created a dummy timeframe that ends at 12:30 PM Eastern and deleted all data prior to 12 noon.  I show some data regular background and last 30 min or so afterhours shaded. I backfill - shading stays.  Please let me know exactly how to recreate, and the setting you have for showing extended hours (on the VIEW tab)

Summary:  The graph y-axis (price) labels seem to be missing.  It is difficult to estimate prices without incremental labels, or at least tick marks, present.  Please see the attached PNG screen capture. - could not find an attachment option, sorry.

JM -> Attachments not allowed here, though if you have the picture hosted somewhere you can embed it here with the URL.  Please email me the picture so I can see what you refer to.

Summary:  There is no way to see the pricing of prior tick bars on the graph.  Placing my cursor on the tick/bar of interest does not yield information about that tick/bar (i.e., OHLC or at least some price).

JM -> Hold down the SHIFT or CTRL+SHIFT for Trace and free floating trace respectively. You can also set the tracing to be on all the time in the app SETTINGS.

I'm also seeing IQfeed disconnect with a "multiple instances" warning today.  The only difference between today and yesterday is an update to Medved Trader.  I've not yet isolated this; it seemed to start doing it after playing with the "START/STOP" feed toggle button, which I've reported in another thread.

Thanks...

Email with attachment(s) sent regarding the following:

• (Non) shading of extended (after-market) hours
  • Price (Y) axis label and/or gradients missing

Thanks for the reminder regarding SHIFT and CTL+SHIFT... I vaguely remember having to use a key sequence of some sort, many years ago.  I had seen the "trace" feature in the settings, and wrongly assumed it was debug-related.

So far, I've had no further IQfeed disconnects.

Lew