Jump to content
Medved Trader Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


wyldegoos last won the day on December 5 2013

wyldegoos had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About wyldegoos

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday 06/22/1961

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location:
    Harvey, North Dakota
  • Interests
    My wife, my family, my friends, my church family, mountains, the West, backpacking, campfires, homemade bread, books (especially non-fiction), the Greek New Testament, the Hebrew Old Testament, German, cuneiform, ancient history, cosmology (especially the Electric Universe model), classical and movie-theme music, geese flying overhead, watching the stars, sunrises and sunsets, and, almost forgot, the stock market (especially smallcaps, microcaps, OTC Markets, and penny stocks).
  1. With 20/20 hindsight I suspect it had something to do with a vmhost.exe virus that I removed from my computer. I tried 8 different antivirus programs including Kaspersky. Nothing removed it. AVG found it and removed it, but it kept reappearing. Kaspersky did find 8 Trojans that the others missed. I figured I must have a rogue program in one of my system files that kept reinstalling the vmhost virus. I went through all my Windows folders and deleted every third party program that I didn't intentionally install myself. I also deleted every active X program as Windows Silverlight and Ado
  2. Jerry, I ended up re-installing windows and re-installing all my programs. Medved Trader works like a charm again. I don't know for sure what the problem was. But it is fixed now. Thanks for the time and effort.
  3. I made exceptions in both Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG for both MT.exe and the entire MT folder. Nothing has changed. I still am very slow and lock up, sometimes immediately, but always within 5 minutes or less. I ran mdsched.exe (memory check) and it came up clean.
  4. The file is sent. I did run CheckDisk and that came up okay. I do have Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG Internet Security and Antivirus.
  5. Jerry, I tried again. It did open this time, but it took at least five minutes. It used to only take 30 seconds or less. Once open it worked okay (quite slow though) for about five minutes. Then it locked up again.
  6. Jerry, Several days ago when I saved data I had entered into a portfolio (a watchlist), only some of the data I entered was actually saved. Most was lost. Since then, I have tried to open and use MT several times. Every time it would work for a couple minutes (very slow), then it would freeze up. Everything froze up. I couldn't even close it. Now the last few times I tried to open it, it didn't even fully open. I get three frames (windows) that are only partially filled --- no data or charts --- then it locks. I tried deleting my installation and reinstalling. But nothing changed. I am us
  7. Thanks. For the time being I have found a workaround. I designated Yahoo for both backfill and historical backfill which eliminated the Google volume problems on the charts. I also set up two different column layouts, one with the three month column and one without.
  8. Jerry, When I first open up MT and go to a portfolio, for example my "uranium" watchlist, my three month avg volume data is generally good. (I am using TDA for my default.) But as I scroll through my watchlist sorted by three month avg. volume, things get all messed up. First of all, my Australian stocks go to an empty box for three month avg. volume and then they jump down to the bottom of the list. Secondly, the low volume stocks --- primarily pinks sheets, grey sheets, venture, and toronto, but a few Amex too --- change to an avg. volume that is way too high and jump up. This is driving
  9. Thanks for the info. When I tried the method you suggested, I was able to get my daily charts to update. Am I correct in understanding that if I want to use the "auto backfill historical" box, then I need I need to wait until later in the evening?
  10. No I have the "auto backfill historical" box checked, so I update a chart only if I click on the symbol in a portfolio or watchlist.
  11. Jerry, I downloaded the latest update today then went to check my positions in my "Portfolio" portfolio. The portfolio gives today's data, but the daily charts do not update to include today's data. I tried my normal backfill (Google Finance), then tried Yahoo Finance. I also tried clearing the charts and backfilling fresh. But no matter what I tried, I could not get the chart to include today's data. Lee
  12. Perhaps the "help file" could just be a community driven blog page right here on the MT website. Set up the blog so any member can access it. Then set a "fixed" document page that is dateless, so to speak, where entries (and sub-entries) are manually entered in alphabetical order. Anyone can add or modify or qualify existing statements. Separate pages could be set up for foreign language versions so that someone proficient in French, for instance, could, as he (or she) had time, translate the English version into French. The same could be done for German, Russian, Chinese, etc. When anyone mod
  • Create New...