Medved Trader Forums

Global T&S

stock777

Question

hi Jerry.  I must admit I haven't been using the new MT for daily use, waiting until 90% of the functionality is there, specifically custom indicators.  Are we there yet?

Ok, here's something I'd like to see. This is a feature that was present in the old WATCHER Soes software I used back in the day.  

They would show quote changes (of course , that was pre decimal, and pre hft) for the ENTIRE Nasdaq market.

Now we don't need that , but it would be very useful to have a single Time and Sales  window for the entire live portfolio, filterable by trade size, so you could see important movement/action of any stock you are watching.

As it is , spotting action is hit and miss, for anyone watching more than a handful of tickers. A single screen with all trades scrolling might be busy, but with a size filter you would only have to watch ONE window, not a dozen.

I think daytraders would appreciate it.

14 answers to this question

IB must read this board, they just added this feature.

There's a few things MT needs to be world class.

Consolidated t&s AND  block alerts /trade alerts in a TEXT WINDOW, not just audio.  The way QT does it you have to set up an audio alert for EVERY stock you want to track, and there's no TEXT alert to go with it.

alert in a text window - not just audio ??? MT trade alerts are not just audio. I am not sure I follow.  You can setup a global trade alert and have it do any notification that any other MT alerts are capable of.

You know, I tried that years ago and either had trouble with it, or couldnt figure something out. Just tried it again, seems to work on last size column. Maybe I didnt do it right the first time and just gave up.  I vaguely recall some crashing issues with GLOBAL but it was a long long time ago on a diff computer. 

I havent used the new IB t&s feature yet, apparently you open a t&s window and add symbols to it, it consolidates them all into one stream, as I suggested.

Still have problems using global in old QT. Thats why I stopped using it .  The alert processing thread crashes after a while.  Kills alerts, wont close cleanly on exit.  Also kills chart linking oddly enough .

Yep, this has been an issue all along., too late to fix it I realize.

I have MT installed  in a VM , and looked over the latest  build .  Some very nice new features , I like the mini chart view , and the mirror draw in particular.

Nice improvements in the alerts as well.   Custom indicators coming eventually?

Saw a mention of 'copying the folder' an another thread, will MT  work if I copy the folder to my production machine, or does it need to be installed from the original file?