Medved Trader Forums

Trade Ticket Quantities

DavidE

I'm confused as to the Qty functionality in a trade ticket.

Release notes for Build 1.0.7378.1742: ADDED - TRADING - PORTFOLIO QTY - added an option to take PORTFOLIO QTY into account for defaulting.

I added a Quantity column to my portfolio and populated it with quantities for each symbol (each symbol has a different qty).  I then went to Settings/Trading/Accounts/Quantity tab and selected Use Portfolio Position and Deselected Use Account Position.

Under Settings/Trading/General - Do not use default QTY on the trade ticket is deselected (what is the default qty and where would that be found?).

Open a trade ticket and pinned to the portfolio (as an aside, have to re-pin the trade ticket window to the portfolio each time I open it - not saved when closed.  Is that by design or a flaw?)  When I select a symbol in the portfolio the symbol is populated in the trade ticket but the qty associated to the symbol in the portfolio qty column is not.

If I'm understanding the option correctly, that the value in the portfolio quantity column should be used in the trade ticket, how can I get that to work?  I like the idea of being able to associate qty's to symbols and use those automatically in a trade ticket.

Using build: 1.0.7449.1151

Thanks

that option applies to trading being triggered directly from the portfolio window - right click/Trade, CTRL+T, or double click on bid/ask/last to send the trade to the trade ticket.  Linking is not the same thing. With linking, it just sets the symbol to whatever the current linked symbol is for the given color group and knows nothing about QTY or anything else in any portfolio, so default QTY is applied.  Think of it this way - what if you have 3 portfolios all linked with BLUE Pin, and each one has AAPL but with different symbol?  Or even 1 portfolio with 3 entries for AAPL, with different values on each entry? no way to determine which to use.